Oh thank god, it’s finally here. I can stop refreshing the same page over and over again, and I can also stop getting 14,000 emails a day from the same campaign, asking me to send just a little bit more money. And hopefully we’ll have a good new president. This is the first in a series of two drinks for an Election Night party we’re having this evening, and feel free to drink along! (The Bad Hombre needs to sit for a little while, so it’s not ready for tasting yet, even though it’s pictured.)
What news today? Please god vote. And vote for Hillary. I probably shouldn’t be partisan on the blog, but whatever. Let’s not have our country ruined. Also, I almost changed that to “vote if you’re old enough” but really everyone here is 21+, right? Guys?
The Nasty Woman
- 4.5 oz pear juice/nectar
- 1.5 oz white rum
- 0.5 oz blue curaçao
- ~3 oz ginger beer
- Combine all ingredients except for the ginger beer.
- Fill a glass with ice, and pour the mixture over it.
- Add ginger beer on top, to taste, or to fill the glass. It was about 3-4.5 oz for me.
- Enjoy, while watching our country go to the dogs. Or the… what’s the opposite of “go to the dogs”? Cats?
- You can also make this for a party (which we did!) so just keep the ratios — 3 / 1 / .333 / 2-3
BN: I really liked this! I was hoping to, as I made it up, and we all know how well that sometimes goes, but it was good! The blue curaçao, obviously, is for color, but the orange was a nice touch. Overall, it had a nice tropical feel to it, and the ginger beer came through strong (always a good thing). Should you care less about the color, I’d swap it with normal curaçao which would be a little less sweet (it was almost too much), and I also tried it with a few dashes of Angostura which really pulled it all together.
PiC: I thought this was really good. I liked the ginger, though I liked it better with the bitters [see above]. It’s sweet, but it wasn’t too sweet. Go Hillary!