So fancy! This is the same as 111. Gin Cocktail but served differently. In a fancy manner. Since it’s mostly the same, cutting to the chase a bit.
112. Fancy Gin Cocktail
(Use small bar glass.)
- This drink is made the same as the gin cocktail [copied below], except that it is strained in a fancy wine-glass and a piece of lemon peel thrown on top, and the edge of the glass moistened with lemon.
- 3 or 4 dashes of gum syrup.
- 2 dashes of bitter’s (Bogart’s) [Or Angostura. Peychaud’s might also be good for this one!]
- 2 oz. of gin.
- 1 or 2 dashes of Curaçoa.
- 1 small piece lemon peel.
BN: I still don’t like gin. I think I’d like this if it was another spirit (well, strike that — I know I would, because then it would be his Old Fashioned) but not really a fan. The Curacao still mixes well with the gin, and I like that it’s served up. Does seem classier. Or I guess fancier.
PiC: Ditto. Same as before, really. Don’t love it, but don’t hate it.