This is exactly the same as 22. Milk Punch, but hot. However, since the instructions are similar I’m making it as a separate post, albeit with less front matter.
23. Hot Milk Punch
(Use large bar glass.) [Like the other one, probably don’t.]
- This punch is made the same as the above [#22], with the exception that hot milk is used, and no ice. [The recipe is copied below, for convenience.]
- 1 table-spoonful of fine white sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of water.
- 2 oz. of Cognac Brandy. [Or just brandy, if that’s what you have.]
- 1 oz. of Santa Cruz rum. [Not sure what is special about Cruzan rum, so I just used regular type. There are debates on this.]
- ½ Tumblerful of shaved ice.
- Fill with milk [No more than 4-5 ounces, if that. That was my mistake — see tasting notes.], shake the ingredients well together, and grate a little nutmeg on top.
BN: This one was much better. I think, however, that that was mainly because it had less milk and more spirit mixture. It also needs to not be TOO hot. I microwaved the milk for about 20 seconds, and it was just about right. However, if it’s not, don’t microwave the whole thing. That heats up the alcohol and makes it a lot more cutting and vaporous, and not as nice (we did this afterwards). For this version, especially because of the temperature, I think maybe 3-4 ounces of milk would be better suited?
PiC: This was good, but I think I would like this new ratio cold. TBD…